The Crazy Truth.
There are an estimated one billion people on the planet living with a disability, but their value is routinely ignored by business. That is the equivalent to disregarding a potential market the size of US, Brazil, Indonesia and Pakistan – combined.
The current employment rate for people with disabilities is half that of people without disabilities, a gap that has widened since 2010. According to the World Health Organisation, up to half of businesses in OECD countries may choose to pay fines rather than meet quotas on disability. Yet, combined with their friends, families and communities, the one billion disabled hold a disposable annual income of $8 trillion a year – an opportunity that business cannot afford to ignore.
The potential and value of this one billion people living with a disability is largely untapped. Because the old world order did not look beyond their disability to see their potential; their value.
This order is officially redundant. Young adults are ripping up labels and insisting on inclusion and diversity.
- We believe that everyone is equally unique and valuable.
- We believe that when people with a disability are excluded we all lose out.
- We believe that Inclusive Business creates Inclusive Societies.
We co-create the new world order where every human is valued equally.
We are #Valuable.
We exist to spark a revolution of inclusion that puts disability on the business agenda. Spearheading the campaign is award-winning activist, social entrepreneur and Binc founder Caroline Casey, who is registered blind.
This campaign is a world first. While most people agree and are passionate about solving this problem. Only the few are brave enough, bold enough and stubborn enough to stand up and fight to make this new world order possible.
Blaze the Trail demonstrates that we push the boundaries of possible – led by Caroline on a horse across 1,000 kilometres of challenging and dangerous terrain.
Our partnership with One Young World and our call to action from their main stage will be an invitation to Next Gen and business leaders to stand out and challenge the status quo.
Our commitment is to:
- Encourage 500 businesses around the world to commit to putting the one billion people living with a disability on their boardroom agenda
- Identify 10 game-changing business leaders to stand for the one billion and champion the issue of disability in business around the world
- Bring together 10 inspirational young #valuable ambassadors to call on the business they work for and the brands they buy from to put this issue on their board agenda
- Ignite a global conversation about a world where everyone is valued equally
Join us on the ultimate adventure to stretch the boundaries of possible.